BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 8, 2009

40 is the new 30!

On Monday I turned a whopping 40! I had really hoped to make my goal.. 40lbs by my 40th Birthday.. but I didn't quite make it. I was feeling kind of blue. So my best friend suggested we go to the mall and do lunch and celebrate my birthday. So we went in Cold Water Creek which was having huge sales.. and I tried a few things on.. and then I saw some size 14 Petite's sitting there. So I quietly took them into the dressing room with me. They fit! Ofcourse I got all choked up.. and was sure that they must just be cut 'big'. So I took a couple blouses in to try on.. this really cute tailored white zip front blouse. Size Petite Medium. I usually stay away from petite blouses because of my boobs.. but I've been noticing my shoulders look smaller. So anyway.. I put it on.. and it zipped up.. it was tight.. I wouldn't go out in public wearing it at this point.. but OMG.. it somewhat kind of sort of fit. I texted my BFF to come to the dressing room.. she came and saw it and said.. wow.. look how skinny you look? More tears.. She almost cried too.. so she made me laugh and left me there. LOL It was such a great feeling. I can't always see the weight loss when I look in the mirror. And God knows the scale is not always telling me what I want to hear.. but clearly my body is changing.

2 comments:

Tina of Moon Shine said...

this is so wonderful! and I love coldwater creek anyway. Way to go!!!

Robin said...

You look fantastic!!!!! I am so glad you had that "dressing room" experience, I so know what you felt! Keep it up and happy belated bday!


Facing 40 with a Smile!