BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Staying focused

It is hard to stay focused on weight loss. But at the same time, having the band makes it impossible for me to slack off too much. And while I love that aspect of it, it's a bit of a pain too. Like last night, hubby was bringing home dinner, steak sandwiches or Hamburger wedges. Trying to be helpful, trying to make it so I didn't have to think too much about dinner. But wait! I can't eat that! So he suggested how about salad with steak on it, but I got that last time and it was wayy too much steak and it was warm and made my salad all soggy. I know some people like that whole hot/cold contrast thing. I do not. Don't go puttin warm stuff on my salad.. EVER. lol! So I had 1/2 a cheeseburger wedge, minus the wedge bread. And then I threw some veggies in the microwave, and he had gotten me a salad too. For whatever reason it all just didn't seem to sit well in my stomach. and I was so thirsty but have to wait at least 30 minutes before drinking after a meal. By then the urge had passed and then drinking more just felt like adding to my stomach ache. And then I was so full and bloated feeling I couldn't drink the rest of the night, so I know I fell short on my fluid intake. Arghhh it is all such a balance sometimes! As much as I love the band and how it keeps me on track, it would be nice to just eat without thinking about it so darn much sometimes.

It's only Tuesday.. this week already seems to be dragging. I don't know why I am always in such a hurry lately. Maybe its because I don't weigh in until Friday? Maybe for the Spring Weigh-in's I'll make my weigh in days during the week. I already have a scrapbook page hanging by the scale with all the Fridays through February listed, so I can't change my day yet!
I don't know how I will do this week. I've been snacking on junk again, must be PMSing again already. I'm not beating myself up, just dealing with it and moving on. This is part of my life, part of my struggle with food. It's not going to go away over night. I will just try to add some more exercise to my day to compensate. speaking of which, it is time for me to hit the treadmill. Have a great day.

2 comments:

*Tracy* said...

came across your blog so wanted to say hi! congrats on your weight loss so far! have a good week. hugs

Jerry & Vikki said...

HI! I was clicking thru blogs and saw yours...I think you look great! Good job on your weight loss so far and positive thoughts for you to acheive your goal! I have thought about lapband but thats all...thought! Congrats to you for actually having the procedure done...I'll keep checking back for future post's...Great job! Vikki


Facing 40 with a Smile!