BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Westport Young Woman's League Minute Man 5K & 10K Race
Sunday, April 26, 2009, 07:45 AM


I am going to do this! My first 5K. I've been talking about doing one.. I've been running occasionally on my treadmill, and now I'm going to really do it! It's a family event, I may bring my kids with me too! I'll have to see how into training they are, I only registered myself at this point, can always add them later. It is a fundraiser so once I get my webpage up I'll post a link in case anyone is interested.

I'm having a great weekend. I bought some Muscle Milk Protein powder yesterday at GNC and it was $22 off. I love a bargain. And I had heard that the Cookies & Cream flavor was pretty good.. indeed it is. I had one shake last night and one for breakfast. I've not really been focusing on getting all my protein and calories in lately, but looking back I realize it is when I am at the high end of my calorie intake that I am losing weight. And I need the protein to make me feel full, and more importantly FOR MY HAIR. And I do think it boosts my energy too. Nothing wrong with that!

I'm up at the Lake this weekend, heading back tomorrow or Tuesday. I don't have to work until Wednesday. Hubby and the kids will be up here all week. I will take that time alone at home to spend some extra time at the Gym.

Well, that's about it.. as my daughter would say: " Peace Out"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I want to do a 5k I no someday I will be able to challange myself But I think that will be a goal for me I will no that I have made it if I do a 5k cause my weightloss isnt about being skinny its about being healthy and strong and if Iam that strong to do that what a smile it will bring to my face You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go though this journey! I also do protine shakes cant stand them I think I will try the one you said does it have alot of sugar? anyway as your daughter would say Peace out....

Tina of Moon Shine said...

it makes sense that you need more calories to gain weight. now i never want to run a 5k. just isn't my thing. but, more power to you! I hope you make it!

Anonymous said...

Wow good luck doing the race! I have never doen one of those nor do I want to, but I will cheer for you on the sidelines!


Facing 40 with a Smile!