BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another week another pound!

I am finally getting into a pattern of weekly losses. I really think posting the scrapbook page on the wall by the scale has helped. Each Friday I write down my weight. It is helpful to see the #'s going down. I used to get frustrated by 1 pound losses when I would work sooo hard and wish for better results. But seeing it there on the wall, all the #'s lined up, well it's not so bad. In December when it started I weighed 178. Yesterday I weighed in @170.5. This week I lost 2 pounds! The difference was exercise. I know I need to do it, I know that its part of any successful weight loss journey. But I still struggle to squeeze it in every day. This week I squeezed it in twice. Once on the Wii Fit and once with Jillian Michaels(30 day shred DVD). It's 20 minutes of my life.. how many excuses can you come up with to avoid 20 minutes? TWENTY MINUTES. I'm going to try really hard to make them a priority. I really liked the way losing TWO pounds felt this week. Maybe that will be enough inspiration! lets hope... There are about 6 more weeks on this page for my Winter Weight Loss scrapbook page.
On Thursdays my girlfriend Jen and I usually go out shopping and out to lunch somehwere. We talk about all the things we wish we were doing, we are both busy moms. She just had a baby in October and has 2 other girls as well. So we decided tht instead of going out for lunch, and spending money and eating excess calories, we are going to start scrapbooking on those Thursdays. I'm very excited about this. I am someone that buys all the scrapbook stuff, but never actually does it. My intention is always there, but finding them time is not so easy. I have several scrapbooks with only a page or 2 completed.. and.. um.. my kids are 9 and 13. And those are their BABY books.. yikes! And I have all my "before" pictures from the Lapband too that I really should start making a book out of. So I think this will be a good thing and make me feel more productive in my life. Have a great week..

2 comments:

*Tracy* said...

wtg on the loss! i hope you have a good weekend and good time with your girlfriend. hugs

Tina of Moon Shine said...

way to go!!!! hugs
tina


Facing 40 with a Smile!