BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Less than a month.

Less than a month now before I am banded. My surgery date is scheduled for 9/4/08. I've been watching alot of you tube videos from people that were banded. Some of them are so focused on food, and what can I eat, and what gets stuck. I am nervous about this part. If I was good and planning meals ahead and being careful about what I eat, I wouldn't be as overweight as I am now. My husband has also expressed concern that this isn't something he thinks I can do. Ouch. I know he is just worried about me, but I need him to support me and have faith in me. Although, that has never been his strong suit, so I really should not be expecting sudden miracles NOW. Anyways.. I just have doubts. I see the surgeon next week for my pre-op and will definitely talk to him about my concerns. I've joined a gym, omitted soda, and have lost 12 lbs in the last 6 weeks. Yayy.. but part of me wonders if I should just keep going on my own.. but the other part knows I will still struggle to keep it off even if I do lose weight. I've never lost more than 20 lbs in my life. 10-15 is my max and then I just seem to plateau and get frustrated and eventually just put it all back on.
The other thing I worry about is being obsessed with losing weight fast. Some people seem disappointed by 2 lb weight loss/week. I am fine with that amount, thrilled even. I don't want to get overly focused on large amounts of weight lost.
Just some ramblings I needed to get out of my system.. that's all for now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Support from your spouse is important, but you can still do what you need to without it. And...that is what we are all here for too!

I do not feel I am totally focused on food. I don't really plan out meals or what I am gonna eat. I shop for groceries and get things that I know are good for me and that I have tried and have no problems with. I just eat what I feel like when I feel like it.

I am not hungry like I used to be and find when I do eat something I am satisfied with just a small portion.

It will all be okay and a year from now you will be happy you did it!


Facing 40 with a Smile!