BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 15, 2008

Pre Op Visit

I had my pre op visit today. When I got there she had a bunch of paperwork for me to fill out. So I take my clipboard and go sit down.. and OhMyGosh.. it was a QUIZ!! All about Lapband do's and don'ts. And some were fill in the blank, I couldn't even guess by multiple choice! At first I panicked and thought about how long it had been since I read the pamphlet and did the interactive Emmi program online. But once I started reading the questions, the answers started coming back to me. I turned it in and then sat there hoping I did okay.. finally the nurse called me and we went to an exam room and we went over everything. Whew.. I passed, LOL. Then Dr. Floch came in and we had a nice long chat about all of my fears/concerns. He was patient and listened and said what I am feeling is normal, and that he didn't want me to feel like he or his staff was trying to 'talk me into' anything, and if I wanted to wait or not proceed it was absolutely fine. But he went over my whole chart and showed me my bloodwork and how I was borderline diabetic. And he reviewed the 5 page questionaire I filled out 5 months ago before my first consult. He said, "it looked to me like you were ready, you sailed through all your testing (upper GI, etc.) and were very eager. A little bit of cold feet now is normal, I don't want anyone to convince you that simply being nervous is reason enough to NOT have the surgery, anymore than I want to try to convince you that you SHOULD have it." He told me to sit alone, and really think about it and make my decision, and then try to feel comfortable in that decision. It did help. I was once again able to see the positives and feel the excitement of all of this. I just know if I don't do this.. and I fail @ weight loss yet again.. and then if my insurance won't pay.. I'd feel just awful that I didn't take the this wonderful opportunity when I had the chance.

1 comments:

Tina of Moon Shine said...

so they gave you a test? wow! I guess they would need to make sure you knew/know what you are in for, right?


Facing 40 with a Smile!