BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lazy Saturday


The house is quiet. My hubby took the kids up to his sister's house as he had to do some electrical work for her, new lights in her kitchen or something. The kids enjoy going up there (1 1/2 hours away) I really have nothing in common with my sister-in-law, so I opted to stay home. If he doesn't finish the job, they will stay overnight there. I was definitely not on board for that! So me and my brown dog are hanging out at home. In the rain, taking a quiet day to clean and reflect. Well, that's what I am doing anyways, not sure how much reflecting Chocolate Labs do.. lol. And cleaning? Well, she isn't too good at THAT either!



This week I lost 2lbs. I'm getting to a weight I haven't been in 10 years... and that is very exciting for me. In all my diets, I was never able to lose more than 20 lbs. The deprivation would get the better of me, and I'd have a little here, a little there, and before I knew it I was back where I started plus a few. I'm now down 26lbs. I lost 2 lbs this week. And I kept off the 2 lbs I lost last week-- which I wasn't so sure I would do. Last weekend was my daughters 13th birthday. And we had a few celebrations.. and I ate.. and ate.. and ate. It really scared me that I was eating garbage (onion rings, bacon, cake, etc.) And when I weighed myself on Tuesday after that weekend, the 2 lbs I had lost were back on! No!!!! That is what I would struggle with on weightwatchers.. Up 2, down 2, I swear I lost the same 5 lbs 10x in 6 months. So I went back to basics... the band is a TOOL, it can't do everything! I'm proud of the fact that my binging was dramatically reduced amounts than I would have eaten in the past, but it was a wake up call that I need to make better choices. I felt gross after eating that stuff. Bloated, just gross, (and ended up with a big ugly pimple on my face too). So this week I upped my water, upped my protein, and had intended to up my exercise, but well.. 2 out of 3. I have to get better at exercising. I will be at that Gym Monday morning to start weights. And I will be on my treadmill at least 3 times.

I go back and see Claudia (my trainer) this week for another assessment. I still cannot do sit ups. Maybe she can show me some machines that will help build my Abs so I can conquer this hurdle. I do crunches, I do the exercises I see in mags to build Ab muscles, but for her assessment, it is how many full sit-ups I can do! Grr.. If I make enough progress, I get a FREE year at the Hospital Gym. But it can't just be pounds lost, my overall fitness level has to improve. So by golly I am going to conquer these darn sit-ups!

Happy Saturday...

1 comments:

Robin said...

At least now a pig out is a lot less...more like a piglet out. LOL. Hang in there you are doing GREAT!


Facing 40 with a Smile!