BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

1st Fill!

I went for my first fill yesterday.. I was expecting a bit of pain when they put the needle in.. I felt NOTHING. I looked down and there he was already removing/injecting saline.. I was so suprised. I told him I didn't even feel that, and he said.." no, I went in through your scar, which is usually numb." Wow.. how cool is that? So I have 3 cc's in my band. I totally forgot to ask how big of a band I have and feel like an idiot now that I don't even know this. I guess I'll call the office, I just hate to make them pull my chart and all, I worked in a Dr.'s office and know what a pain it can be sometimes finding charts. I'm on liquids for a couple days now and then back to mushies. I can definitely feel some tightness now on my stomach. Water goes down, but I do burp a few times. And this morning when I woke up I had a wierd feeling and coughed a few times. I hope I'm not too tight..
On the weight loss front I am still holding at 18 pounds. But I dropped a size. I'm trying not to focus on what the scale says and even asked my daughter to hide the scale for me. I want to focus on working out and eating right, regardless of the scale and its hold oveer me. Last night I did the first "couch to 5k" workout. Holy moly did it kick my ass.. I only did a half hour, I felt like I was gonna die! But I was running.. and surviving.. wow! I'm really proud of myself. I'm going to do it again today, or maybe I should just walk today. Either way, I will do something to move my body today. I need to jumpstart my metabolism.
have a great day!

3 comments:

Tina of Moon Shine said...

I am so glad I found your blog via Heather's blog! I am on a journey toward possible weight loss surgery myself. Thank you so much for sharing your journey!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Hello, I want to Thank you for sharing I always woundered how this worked I 2 am on a journey Just a different one lol I look forward to hearing more Blessings Kat:) I dont no why but On everyones page you can add them But I cant on yours sorry

Robin said...

I was at 6cc before they had to empty me for my gall bladder surgery. My band will hold 10cc...I think 6 was too tight and when I can get filled again I will have them keep me under 6.

Glad to hear you are doing so well! Good job on the weight loss and clothing size loss!


Facing 40 with a Smile!