BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting easier...

Every day life gets a little better with the lapband. I go in for my one week checkup tomorrow. At that point I believe I'll be able to have full liquids (vs. the clear I'm currently on.) Which is great news.. because I'm seriously worried about my protein intake. The protein water is disgusting. It's got kind of a slick texture, hard to swallow. It's just not good. I mix it with water and that helps, but then that is that much more of it that I have to drink. 20ounces= 40g of protein. I got about 2/3 of it down yesterday, but the day before that I just coudln't stomach it, and today I had one glass and it was all I could do not to throw up. So ONE day of good protein intake.. the rest have all sucked. I'm taking Biotin supplements for my hair- hopefully a week without adequate protein will not do too much damage to my precious hair. As far as the pain goes I'm doing so much better. Still occasional bits of shoulder pain, but the heating pad does seem to help that. No more weight lost though.. but I'm not going to be discouraged. I will add the gym soon and then see how it goes. Since all I'm drinking is fluids, my body has probably gone into starvation mode and is holding onto every calorie for dear life! I'm excited to hit 20 though. That will be nice. But I already feel better.. so I want to stay focused on that rather than the scale.

0 comments:


Facing 40 with a Smile!