BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 22, 2009

Feeling Fantastic


I saw my Band Doctor today for a check-up. He says I'm doing great... I've lost 60% of the weight I need to lose to get to my goal weight. I weigh 164.5. I'm trying again with the whole 5K/podrunner thing. I'm on week 2 of consistent exercise. And I have to say, I really feel great. As hard as running on the treadmill is, I am starting to 'get' why people do it. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I'm done. And this time I have a partner doing the couch to 5k program with me. I think that's really helped too. So if you are reading dear 5K-Lapband-friend, Thanks!

In other news.. my daughter was supposed to go on a school trip to Washington DC next week. And now, because of a swine flu outbreak at our middle school, it looks like they may cancel it. But the stupid thing is, they aren't planning to close the school, just cancel the 8th graders trip. They've been planning this trip for 2 years.. I've been paying for it for the last year and a half($800..ouch) and now they may not get to go. What a bummer.
Have a safe Holiday Weekend...

2 comments:

dfsdfs said...

Hiya, I know you dont know me, I've just been following your blog b/c you are a lapband patient and I too plan to get the lapband procedure done.

Your picture is real inspiration! you look fabulous! your feeling fabulous! I can't wait to get there.
i completly understand the "get the exercise high" feeling your talking about. at 311 lbs i peaked and decided i needed to change my life. I started with exercise b4 i ever looked into WLS. I love the accomplishment i feel after a good 2 hours at the gym... unfortunatly my kiddos are still young and sometimes it prevents me from being able to go.
I've lost 10 lbs.... and i'm in pre-op stages and hopefully will have surgery in july. I can't wait to get it done, get back to working out and get some of this weight off!

Keep up your good work! it really is paying off!

Tina of Moon Shine said...

you are doing so great!! congratulations!!! i really admire the 5K run, too!


Facing 40 with a Smile!